There are a lot of different things that can impact an internet user’s overall satisfaction with their home internet. For property managers who are looking to provide their tenants with good home internet, things like reliability and speed are usually the first things that attention is given to.
But what about other aspects of an internet connection? One thing that is worth looking more closely at is symmetrical speed, and for many of today’s users it’s something that could be incredibly important and mean the difference between total satisfaction and disappointment.
What Is A Symmetrical Speed Plan?
Many home internet providers offer plans that have decent download speeds, but poor upload speeds. This is mainly due to the early days of the internet, when most home users weren’t uploading data to the internet in any meaningful way. As such, upload speeds are often a fraction of the download speed.
But today’s internet users are different. Just think of some of the ways that upload speeds impact someone’s use of the internet:
- Those working from home need to use cloud servers and upload their work
- Sharing videos or uploading to YouTube requires decent upload speeds
- Streaming video for gamers or even for those conducting work related office conference calls require good upload times
- And more
In short, being able to upload data quickly is vital for most of today’s online users. Symmetrical speed plans offer just that – download speeds and upload speeds that are identical. Users are able to upload their data just as fast as they download it, giving them more from the internet.
Benefits of a Symmetrical Speed Plan
The obvious benefits of having symmetrical speed plans available to potential tenants are clear – it provides them with much better internet experiences, and gives them more from their home internet. But there are plenty of deeper, overlooked reasons that symmetrical speed plans make sense. Here are some of them.
- Property managers will find that their tenants are more satisfied. This leads to more lease renewals and better word of mouth.
- Users are able to work more efficiently from their home, giving them more time to enjoy other aspects of their life.
- Those using their internet for creative projects will find that they are able to interact with others and showcase their creative side more easily.
Gigabit internet speeds are lightning fast, and giving users the ability to upload at the same speeds as they download will change the way they look at the net. Symmetrical speed plans help users of home internet get more from it and helps property managers and owners experience better tenant satisfaction. It’s a win-win for everyone involved.