By using the Service, the Subscriber agrees to abide by, and require each user of the Service to abide by, the terms of this AUP. Any user who does not agree to be bound by these terms must immediately cease use of the Service and notify the JumpFiber Customer Service Department to terminate the account.
1. Use. The Service is designed for personal and family use (residential use only) within a single household. Subscriber agrees that only Subscriber and Subscriber’s authorized guests in the same household will use the Service. Subscriber is responsible for any misuse of the Service that occurs through Subscriber’s account, whether by a member of Subscriber’s household or an authorized or unauthorized third-party. Subscriber will not use, or enable others to use, the Service to operate any type of business or commercial enterprise, including, but not limited to, IP address translation or similar facilities intended to provide additional access. Subscriber will not resell or redistribute, or enable others to resell or redistribute, access to the Service in any manner, including, but not limited to, through the use of wireless technology. JumpFiber reserves the right at its sole discretion to immediately suspend, terminate, or restrict use of the Service without notice if such use violates the AUP is objectionable or unlawful, interferes with JumpFiber’s systems or network or the Internet or others’ use of the Service.
2. Prohibited Activities Using the System, Network, and Service. Any activity or use of the Service which violates system or network security or integrity are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Such violations include, without limitation, the following:
Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems, or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
Either of the following activities by a Subscriber using dedicated machines (also known as “machines” or “dedicated servers”) or virtual dedicated servers (also known as “VDS”, “VPS”, “virtual machines”, and/or “virtual servers”): (i) running a tunnel or proxy to a server at another host or (ii) hosting, storing, proxy, or use of a network testing utility or denial of service (DoS/DDoS) tool in any capacity.
Because the Service is for residential use only, any use of the service for non-residential purposes is not permitted and may result in reduction in service, suspension, or termination at the sole discretion of JumpFiber. Non-residential purposes include, without limitation, the following:
3. No Illegal or Fraudulent Use. The Service may be used only for lawful purposes. Subscriber will not use or allow others to use the service in any manner that is in violation of any applicable federal, state, local or international laws or regulations or to promote, engage in, or enable illegal activity or conduct that violates or infringes upon the rights of any person. Transmission or distribution of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, illegal, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws. Furthermore, use of the Service to impersonate a person or entity is not permitted.
4. Security/Abuse of Resources. User is solely responsible for the security of any device connected to the Service, including any data stored on that device. Users shall take all necessary steps to avoid actions that result in the abuse of a resource on their network. Examples of abuse of resources include without limitation: open news servers, open SMTP servers, unsecure wireless routers, and unsecure proxy servers. In the instance when the Subscriber is using a wireless router, JumpFiber requires that any wireless network be secure and encrypted. Open, unencrypted wireless networks are strictly prohibited.
Should an issue arise, Subscriber is required to address the problem in a timely fashion. Failure to address an issue after notification will be considered a violation of this AUP.
5. Network Management. JumpFiber uses a variety of reasonable network management tools and practices consistent with industry standards. In the event the periods of congestion necessitate such management, JumpFiber has available the following tools and practices (without limitation and as may be adjusted over time): (i) use of an upper limit of bandwidth allocated for uploading of files during congested periods; (ii) Subscriber Traffic Management (STM) technology to temporarily lower the priority of traffic with the greatest impact on peak congestion; (iii) spam filtering and detection techniques; and (iv) measures to protect the security and integrity of its network, resources and subscribers. In limited instances if employed, these techniques may affect the throughput rate at which subscribers may send and receive data, the ability of users to establish session connections within the network, or result in the delay of certain traffic during times of peak congestion.
6. Viruses. Users must take appropriate action to prevent their systems from becoming infected with and/or distributing computer viruses such as but not limited to worms, “Trojan horses”, denial of service attacks, and bots. JumpFiber will take appropriate (as decided by JumpFiber’s sole discretion) action against Users infected with computer viruses or worms to prevent further spread.
7. Enforcement. JumpFiber reserves the right to investigate violations of this AUP, including the gathering of information from the Subscriber or other Users involved and the complaining party, if any, and the examination of material on JumpFiber’s servers and network. JumpFiber prefers to advise Users of AUP violations and any necessary corrective action but, if JumpFiber, in its sole discretion, determines that a User has violated the AUP, JumpFiber will take any responsive action that is deemed appropriate without prior notification. Such action includes but is not limited to: temporary suspension of service, reduction of service resources, and termination of service. JumpFiber is not liable for any such responsive action and these actions are not exclusive. JumpFiber may take any other legal or technical action it deems appropriate.
8. No Waiver. The failure by JumpFiber or its affiliates to enforce any provision of this Policy at any given point in time shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any future time thereafter.
9. Revisions to Policy. JumpFiber reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time with or without prior notice.
JumpFiber Internet Acceptable Use Policy – Residential Customers, Effective 05/01/2017
Let one of our qualified agents help you.
© 2019. JumpFiber. All Rights Reserved. | Terms and Conditions / Policies | Money Back Guarantee | GOCare Alert Terms & Conditions